- Cryotherapy consists of a small room that is cooled to minus 80°C with dry air.
How long will I be in the pod?
- You will stay in the room for a maximum of 3 minutes.
Will I be able to see and speak to operator whilst in the pod?
- You will be supervised throughout your treatment. The operator will be able to see you and speak to you. The operator will advise you when it is time to leave the chamber but you may leave at any point.
What do I have to wear?
- Cryotherapy is most effective if you enter the pod wearing a swimming costume. This ensures that the cold dry air comes into direct contact with the majority of your skin. You need to remove all piercings and jewellery. Your hair should be dry and free from gel. Make up, creams and contact lenses are removed. During the treatment you will be asked to wear a light face mask.
Is it safe?
- Although Whole Body Cryotherapy is safe there is the possibility of a cold burn if you touch the walls of the chamber for an extended period.